Lock rekey is a cheaper alternative to lock replacement or change, but it is still an excellent option to secure your home or office.
But what exactly is “rekey”?
Lock rekey is the process of changing the internal cylinder of a lock so that it uses a key different from the original.
This article will highlight the various situations you should consider a lock rekey to enhance security.
So let’s begin:
- Moving into a new home or office: rekey and have key replacements whenever you move to a new home or office. This is important because it is possible that prior occupants could have duplicate keys with which they can gain access to your home or office. So do the needful whenever you move to a new apartment or office in Atlanta by having your locks rekeyed by Atlanta’s trustworthy locksmiths.
- Lost keys: you never can tell into whose hands your lost keys might fall into. So don’t take chances, take the proactive measure of having your lock rekeyed and the keys replaced immediately you discover your keys are gone.
- In the event you change or fired an employee: especially those that have had access to your keys, it is essential you consider a lock rekey in this scenario.
- Where a partner, lover, or friend is moving out: because they’ve had access to the keys in the past or they might still possess the keys, a lock rekey will ensure that you regain control and provide the security of your home.
- Ignition rekey: this is similar to a lock rekey except that it deals with the car ignition system. Ignition rekey would help prevent your car from being stolen especially if the car had a different owner/user in the past.
- Rekey when leasing property for your safety and the security of your belongings.
- Master rekey: the process of rekeying multiple locks to use a single key. If you find it inconvenient handling bunch of keys, Master lock rekeying is an option you should seriously consider.
- Where poor quality locks are used: locks like that can be opened by more than one key, so it is recommended you rekey the lock to a high quality lock with guarantees.
Lock rekey is cheaper and faster than installing a new lock. However, it should be done by a professional locksmith with distinguished history otherwise your efforts to secure your home, office or belongings might just be as good as useless.